Larry J. Behar, Esq.
Senior Attorney Larry J. Behar, P.A.
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33316
Attorney Larry J. Behar was raised in Montreal, Canada. After securing an undergraduate degree from McGill University and a civil law degree from the University of Montreal, he completed his common law education at Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale in 1979. He is “AV” rated by Martindale Hubbell.
With the support of the international community, Mr. Behar, who is trilingual in English, French, and Spanish, quickly expanded his niche immigration practice representing thirty six (36) different nationalities.
Mr. Behar’s clients have come to rely on his firm, Behar Law Group, for answers to complex immigration issues. The firm, established since 1979 in Fort Lauderdale, typically generates business immigration solutions by representing entrepreneurs, investors, multinational companies, professionals and completes family reunifications under the EB-5 platform.
Along with his wife Claire, Mr. Behar travels extensively throughout the world bringing international issues to the table. He is on the board of numerous philanthropic and charitable organizations.
Author of “How to Immigrate to the U.S.A.”, in three (3) languages, and his recently published “EB-5 United States Immigration through Investment,” Mr. Behar has been a resident of Broward County, Florida for over 30 years and a past chair of the Economic Development Organization.
Since the inception of the EB-5 Pilot program, the Behar Law Group has worked with more than a dozen regional centers filing their applications with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and ultimately getting regional center designation approvals.
Accordingly, Behar Law Group has developed a niche expertise in this sub-sector and now represents a diverse range of regional centers that can be found across the country.
Areas of Practice
• 100% U.S. Immigration
• Florida, 1979
• U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1981
• University of Montreal, Faculty of Law, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
• LL.L. (Cum Laude) – 1977. Major: Civil Law
• Nova Southeastern Law University, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
• J.D. – 1979
• McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
• B.A. North American Studies – 1974
• Honors: With Distinction
• How to Immigrate to the USA, Self, 1993
• EB-5: United States Immigration through Investment, Self, 2010. (Available in English and Mandarin)
• Northern Trust Bank
• Michel Brault, CPA
• Arnstein & Lehr
• Broward Alliance
Professional Associations and Memberships
• The Florida Bar, Member, 1979 – Present
• The Broward County Bar, Member
• The American Bar Association, Member
• The American Immigration Lawyers Association, Member, 1982 – Present
• Attorneys Title Insurance Fund, Agent
Past Employment Positions
• Larry J. Behar, P.A., President, 1979 – Present
Pro Bono Activities
• Richelieu International: Appreciation, Hollywood, Florida, December 8, 1997
• The Broward Alliance: Director, Service Recognition Award, 1997 – 1998
• The Broward Economic Development Council; Member, 1996 – 1998
• Educational Vice-President: Club, 2004
• Toastmaster’s International, 1984
• Appreciation Award – Rotary Club Fort Lauderdale, Florida
• Canadian-American Business Alliance: Member
• Richelieu International: President /Founder – Fort Lauderdale, Florida, January 19, 1981
• The Broward Economic Development Council: Member, 1991 – 1992
• Atlantic Vocational Technical Center: Appreciation Award, April 19, 1993
• American Bar Association: Member, 1979 – Present
• Rotary Club Fort Lauderdale South: Appreciation Award, July 8, 1983
• Tele-Soleil Channel 9; CKSH – TV: Appreciation Award
• Richelieu International, Hollywood, Florida; Appreciation Award, 1982
• Richelieu International, Hollywood, Florida; Appreciation Award, 1986
• First American Title Insurance Company: Authorized Policy Issuing Agent
• dub Richelieu, Hollywood, Florida; Appreciation Award for Presidency, 1981 – 1982
• Toastmaster International: Outstanding Service Award: Club 2004, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 1984
• World Trade Council: Outstanding Service Award (Legal), 2000
• International Marketing Committee of The Broward Alliance, Chairman, 1999 – 2001
• South Africa Chamber of Commerce: Board of Trustees
• American Immigration Lawyers Association: Mentor and Member, 1982 – Present
• Nova Southeastern Law Center: Mentor
• Broward Alliance, Chair, 2003 – 2004
• Me Gill Alumni Association of South Florida: Chair, 1998 – 2004
• Nova Southeastern University: Nomination – Alumnus of Year, 2005
• South Florida CEO Magazine: 2004 – 100 Most Powerful in South Florida
• Rotary Club Service Certificate, 2004
• Broward Lawyers Care Award, 2007
• Congressional-Record, Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, 2002
• Board of County Commissioners-Dade, 2008
• Broward Alliance Economic Summit, Governor Jeb Bush, 2004
• Comcast TV: Newsmaker Interview
• Edu-Couch DVD: U.S. Immigration (French), 2009
• The Florida Bar: Pro Bono Certificate, 2009